Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the Shell oil exec's has been quoted saying gas may hit 5 bucks a gallon in 2012. I am so tired of this up and down game it makes me sick.

So if it hits 5 bucks will you still ride? 50 bucks to ride 90-100 miles is a bit much for me and then figure in the better halfs sled too....There just may be a bunch of sleds for sale and no buyers. I love riding prob. more than the next guy......I will alter my riding habits and if it stays at 5 bucks may just give up the sport.

I know, I know, not much of a Fanatic am I....Will you still stay in the sport if gas reaches 5 bucks a gallon?

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's already happened in most other countries, bound to happen sometime soon. It's a huge bummer and is really going to suck but until someone comes up with a magical gasoline replacement it is going to continue to climb. Either that or we get back over there and just conquer the oil hoarding countries. [thumb] But even then they would find a way to price gouge the hell out of us. It's a lose-lose situation for us and win-win for oil companies.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I think that the oil prices are going to keep climbing until someone snipes an oil executive.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This sport is expensive, I know...(this is why I picked up my 440 fan). But 5 bucks a gallon will not keep me down. Snowmobiling is my addiction and I will spend my money doing it. I am not happy about it but hey what are you going to do, build a snowmobile that runs on vegetable oil[Disappointed]

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't know if it will stop me from riding, but it will probably stop me from driving a pickup.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Scorch said:
It's already happened in most other countries, bound to happen sometime soon. It's a huge bummer and is really going to suck but until someone comes up with a magical gasoline replacement it is going to continue to climb. Either that or we get back over there and just conquer the oil hoarding countries. [thumb] But even then they would find a way to price gouge the hell out of us. It's a lose-lose situation for us and win-win for oil companies.
Its happening b/c we as a country are already using much less gas then before. If it continues we will see the gas prices go much higher, b/c investors will not make anything. They will always find a way to post higher gains for their investors. Oil exec. said Monday in the WS Journal that they will never see the kind of profits they saw in the early 2000's. BS. I don't trust any of these goof balls. Oil companies, posted their first losses in a long time this year. Who's to say the true meaning behind the real price jumps. We all have our theories.
Yes I will still ride, but will change my habits drastically.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
you can Thank your Gov. for that.
No off shore drilling,
no domestic drilling
Cap and trade
Gov. buying up all the land with resources, make them parks, so no drilling can happen.
the value of the dollar dropping faster then a pair of underwear in a cat house.
Many countries stop using the dollar for buying oil

That's just a few things

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My local corner station jumped 17 cents from last night, yesterday it was $2.96, this morning $3.13, saw this on my way to the secretary of state this morning as I was on my way to go get raped for $84 bucks for my plate tab for my truck and transfer the registration on the GOOSE.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
well maybe the price would go down if the federal reserve would stop printing the money. our currancey is backed by gold and silver. keep the printing press going and the value goes down so it will take more dollars to equal the price of our gold and silver. you do the math.

tell obama to stop spending our way out of debt! can you or i even comprehend a trillion dollars? rite out of the gate he spent 3 trillion in his first moth of office! and he hasnt stopped there he keeps on spending trillions of dollars in war and bills he has been passing. thats more than the last 10 presidents spent during there presidancy

SnowAttitude said:
No off shore drilling,
no domestic drilling
Cap and trade
Gov. buying up all the land with resources, make them parks, so no drilling can happen.
the value of the dollar dropping faster then a pair of underwear in a cat house.

That's just a few things
yeah i agree lets tap that oil supply in alaska! and other countries are dropping the dollar cause it isnt worth a s h i t anymore and the value has droped! china practicaly owns half of the crap in this country. jus like the freeways and tollways.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Gas prices will be what gas prices will be. I don't know why people worry so much about it. It's like worrying about the weather...nothing you can do about it. Will I still ride? Yes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just got gas last night for $3.19/gal. I didn't know it jumped that high! Last I knew it was under $3/gal. Yeah, I will still ride. I don't do much riding as it is, so it will probably be more of an annoyance than anything else. I may have to break out my 42mpg '79 Jag as my main sled! I'm assuming that $5 is for regular also? I run 93 octane in my sleds, so I assume that will be a bit more than $5. Ever notice that gas prices really only spike around holidays? Makes you wonder.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Gas jumped to 3.29 from 3.04 at this time yesterday. How can they possibly justify that kind of increase? They claim they can't give the gas to us at a lower price faster when the price of a barrel of oil goes down because they have to get rid of the current gasoline in their holding tanks and being transported, that makes sense. But then a week down the road shouldn't we be seeing LOWER prices? The prices continue to hold around $3.00/gallon and no longer follow the oil prices pattern. We are simply being slaughtered by the oil companies and our own presidents stupidity.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
its the goverments way of controling us. they cant force us to stop buying trucks and driving them. so they can simply price them out so we dont drive them. there is a huge govement conspericy with global warming and trying to control us and money. it always comes down to money. al gore is going to have so much money off global warming laws its not even going to be thinkable.

all these man made crisis and shortages are a joke. at 5$ a gallon i will jet up the sled and make it run on e85 since that gas will still be around 3 dollars.

sure am glad i am stock piling veggie oil for the farm!!

until we start shooting congress people and lobbyist nothing will change.

or until americans get together and start a revolution, simply file exemt on there taxes and noone gives in. the goverment cant put every american in jail.

·
Registered
276 Posts
madcow said:
its the goverments way of controling us. they cant force us to stop buying trucks and driving them. so they can simply price them out so we dont drive them. there is a huge govement conspericy with global warming and trying to control us and money. it always comes down to money. al gore is going to have so much money off global warming laws its not even going to be thinkable.

all these man made crisis and shortages are a joke. at 5$ a gallon i will jet up the sled and make it run on e85 since that gas will still be around 3 dollars.

sure am glad i am stock piling veggie oil for the farm!!
E85 has already hit $2.90 here. Went up 60 cents in the past month, this is getting so out of hand. And even running that in a car is a joke, tons of bog, cant climb past 80 without your foot to the floor, and the gas mileage literally gets cut in HALF. Tried it for 3000 miles in my FlexFuel 2.7L V6, ran the mopar oil filter for running E85, with Kendall Li-Ti Syn Blend 5w30, new PCV valve and hose, and after a complete lifter/injector cleaning. After those 3k miles the car started harder, ran crappier, and just felt like I was driving a 4 banger. Pulled everything back apart cleaned all this black tar like substance from injectors and throughout the engine, ran 2 bottles of Chevron Techron through 24 gallons of premium and half way through the first bottle everything was smooth again, and my oil was pure black from all the contaminants still leaving the engine. Changed it twice within 3k miles and it stays golden from start to finish again.

Also, global warming is the biggest crock of shit in the world. Imagine if Al Gore had become president, we would have been attacked by terrorists and he'd blame global warming.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
SnowAttitude said:
No off shore drilling,
no domestic drilling
Cap and trade
[highlight=limegreen]the value of the dollar dropping faster then a pair of underwear in a cat house.[/highlight=limegreen]

That's just a few things
That's the biggest thing driving oil prices right now is The Fed printing unbelievable amounts of new money to try to stimulate the economy so Obama gets a second term. How can you blame oil companies for the rise in the price of copper, steel, uranium, pork bellies, sugar, lumber, silver, and the majority of all commodoties? Face it. The government is basically stealing money from you to devalue the dollar to cover Obama's trillions of dollars of new spending.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
LMAO........how many billions in profit does big oil make?Last time I checked they were making hand over fist profits and the big wig suits were making mega bonuses.

And its all the Gov't's fault.......damn,you conspiracy guys make me laugh!

It should come as no surprise that last year’s record high oil prices also led to near record profits for big oil companies. The price of oil climbed from January 2 to July 14, 2008, repeatedly setting new price records until it peaked at $147 per barrel—more than twice the price of the previous year. The big five oil companies—BP, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, ExxonMobil, and Shell—made record profits during the first three quarters of 2008 due to these record prices. When oil prices collapsed along with the world’s economies, the oil companies’ profits were reduced, too. However, the big five companies still made a combined profit of $100 billion for 2008 ^ (see note below). The sum is the second-highest combined big oil profit on record, exceeded only by the 2007 combined total of $123 billion.

The 2008 big oil profits bring the grand total under the two terms of the Bush administration to $656 billion, which is nearly two-thirds of a trillion dollars. Given the urgency to restart the economy with clean energy investments, and the need to slash U.S. oil use, you would expect these wealthy energy companies to be taking steps to develop new clean-energy technologies and fuels to address these economic and security concerns. Despite their soaring earnings, the big five companies were very stingy with investments in renewable and low-carbon energy technologies and fuels that would reduce oil dependence. In fact, a CAP analysis of their investments reveals that the big five oil companies invested just 4 percent of their total 2008 profits in renewable and alternative energy ventures. This reality contrasts with their ads that promote greener, cleaner images.

http://climateprogress.org/2009/05/27/big-oil-made-over-600-billion-during-the-bush-years-but-invested-bupkis-in-clean-energy/

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but will your sleds be for sale if the ppg goes that high

We can argue who's fault it is all day.

I'm more interested in who may throw in the towel or alter their riding habits....I'd like to keep it sled related

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
dodger said:
but will your sleds be for sale if the ppg goes that high

We can argue who's fault it is all day.

I'm more interested in who may throw in the towel or alter their riding habits....I'd like to keep it sled related

When I started sledding gas was under $1.00 per gallon and is now $3.00 per gallon and my riding hasnt stopped or slowed at all. Do I enjoy paying more?No. You want to play you have to pay.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts