Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking that it is electrical now that i have checked all of the mechanical components...i have an idea of what it may be, on the side of my carb there is a elec harnes going to one of them, is this harness that releys to the CDI to initiate the proper speed of spark as ur engine revs up, ex. as u increase the trotle and open up the carbs, the spark speed increases....another possibility is, is my CDI box shortying out causing the low rpms...does anybody have a service manual that they could scan for me or a web link which has one online, it would be GREATLY appreciated

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Your tpi may need adjustment. Dealer is the only I know that has the tool to check that.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sorry tps, Throttle Position Sensor....

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Thats what the 2 wires on the side go to.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, do u think my CDI could have shorted out

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I supose it is possible.

Does it run any differnt cold versus warm.

I had a 1050 PWC that would run great when cold but as soon as it got warm the engine would only do about 3500 rpm's. Barely enough to move it's self.

I ended up getting a new stator assembly. The stator was cracked and it would only show when it got warm and expanded.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no it dosen't make a difference, is there a way to check the stator, CDI and tps

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You can check it all out, Just need the proper tools and a repair manual stating the voltage and ohms. I don't have that for your spefic sled.
Read this link on the tps...

http://pages.cthome.net/barts/Tech%20Tips.htm#TPS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts