Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My center cylinder on my 650 triple has a large span in the compression stroke and kinda clunky any ideas on a common problem some way to fix it

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Might be going on a limb here, but replace the cyl and piston/rings?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
whats the compression of ALL 3 cylinders? What does clunky mean??? Need more In-for-ma-tion!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the outside cylinder you cant move the crank that much before it hits a compression spot. But when the middle one come around theres a lot of play in the crank between the compression spots unlike the outside ones.It also sounds like the piston is walking around in the cylinder or a loose wrist pin movin the piston up and down

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by 89Tripl
[br]On the outside cylinder you cant move the crank that much before it hits a compression spot. But when the middle one come around theres a lot of play in the crank between the compression spots unlike the outside ones.It also sounds like the piston is walking around in the cylinder or a loose wrist pin movin the piston up and down
take a comp reading next mesure your tdc height if you got any slack in a berring or a rod you will see it on your tdc height compair it with your other cylinder. If out of specs you will have to open your top end to se whats going on

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Id say piston skirt also, time to TEAR-ER-DOWN

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea, you might be lookin at more than your top end. A dial indicator might show you any play in the rod bearing when you catch it at TDC, if it's that bad.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by yamarx1
[br]remove the carbs and look down intake should see bottom of piston skirt they should all look the same.
YES they definitely should. I'd take a gander down in there and see as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts