Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off i need a new front shock in the rear skid for a 99 xc 500, its the ryde fx non-rebuildable shock. there is a nice suspension from a 99 xc 600 with all the shocks and 3000 miles on the skid... so the guy says ($125) or i get the kimpex shock new from denniskirk for 100 bucks... i think i would rather have a new shock rather than used ones... what do you think i should do?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
MuscleD said:
Ok first off i need a new front shock in the rear skid for a 99 xc 500, its the ryde fx non-rebuildable shock. there is a nice suspension from a 99 xc 600 with all the shocks and 3000 miles on the skid... so the guy says ($125) or i get the kimpex shock new from denniskirk for 100 bucks... i think i would rather have a new shock rather than used ones[/color=red]... what do you think i should do?

Sounds like you answered your own question. If they are not re-buildable, then I would look for new too. The used could be good right now, but how much life is really left in them???

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think I'm going with the new one. If the shock was rebuildable on the skid I would take it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts