Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting some sick now right now!!!! Keep it coming. Road conditions are rediculous.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I think he got the 'stone a/t's

I definately need to get snow tires considering the last time I came back on campus I barely made it up any grade.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ I think you just need to ditch that 2WD and get a 4WD boy's toy :)

Originally posted by Revagade800x
[br]Matt, which tires did you get for your truck? any change its BFG or goodyear Wrangler MT/R / TD ?
Adam is right... Firestone Destination A/T's
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54816&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=tires

So far so good, its been icy around here and we all know all tires suck in ice (expecially with almost 3 ton on them haha). Snow covered roads and slush I have been impressed so far. About to drive the truck 4 + hrs away tonight for the weekend with my girly.. snow storm the entire way, so this will be a good test for them.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Snow can come all it wants.. trails aren't open yet.

Took this from my local clubs website

Trails offically open for the season the day after hunting season ends.

December 20, 2006

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its all gonna melt. its going to be in the 40's next week, this sucks, we need cold weather and snow DAMN IT!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know....But atleast I got to rip it around for a little while. Talk about fast. :)

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I was just in ( northen I think, LOL! ) NY. Lake Champlain. Nothin there.

Just get some Super Swamper Boggers.. THERE STREET LEGAL!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Originally posted by extremesummerfilms
[br]I was just in ( northen I think, LOL! ) NY. Lake Champlain. Nothin there.

Just get some Super Swamper Boggers.. THERE STREET LEGAL!
That tire would be terrible in the snow unless you are off the road. On the road the tires would have too much floatation, thats why alot of people switch from 10+" wide tires down to 7 or 8" winter tires.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Weather reports are saying Tempatures as high as 53 degrees for central new york today, this is rediculous. Time to head for the mountains, lol

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Originally posted by Sledheadx69
[br]Weather reports are saying Tempatures as high as 53 degrees for central new york today, this is rediculous. Time to head for the mountains, lol
I rode my sport bike tonight in kaki pants.. sad sad thing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts