Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize the trails are shot, and not enough snow for anything decent.

But I cant make it up north this weekend.

So I was wondering if anyones clubs got anything going on out on the ice, cook outs, radar runs, anything such as that?

I pick up new sled tonight, and want to put some miles and get it broke in correctly.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I am sure your dealer told you not to run any radar runs on your new sled during break in. Obvious I know, But I would just hate to see you harm your motor during break in. Congrats on the new sled!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont plan on running it. Just getting together with a bunch of people, enjoying some good food and good times.

Sorry rereading my post that does look like I intended.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Ins't yamaha's break in like 500 miles?????

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Break in??? My sled came of the trailer at 90mph. Jk.
Im in Il. and will be out on the chain-o-lakes this weekend! If i can get my sled running right!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Where are you planning for "central" WI. Portage County Doesn't have a lot, and as we drove to the UP on the weekend real snow didn't seem to be til north of Tomahawk.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I wish there was better snow in Juneau County. My in-laws have a place in Nekoosa. I was hoping to ride there this winter. The online trail report still says trails in poor shape.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I must be confusing everyone. I dont plan on doing any trail riding as snow conditions suck. I just put 15 rough miles on the Apex.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any club events out on the LAKES this weekend. I would haul over and rip around. Have some good food, and good times while supporting a club.

sorry if Im making this more difficult. My brain is fried today.

Break in? Motoman site says if you dont have it broken in properly at 20 miles the rest wont matter much. My drag motors come outta the trailer and into the burnout box :)
Although I dont plan on any huge cross lake runs with it. I was out breaking it in the way he suggested.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Here's something: Radar Run & Brat Fry Saturday February 4th at Monkey Business on beautiful Crooked Lake 9 AM – 3:30 PM Sponsored by the Northern Kettle Moraine Crooked Trails Snowmobile Club.
I think there's a radar run on the High Falls Flowage near Crivitz. I don't know if you want to trailer that far, but if you do, Forest County's trails are open.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Crooked Lake Radar run sounds pretty cool, its like an hour drive for me. It is supposed to be really cold, but that really doesn't bother me that much.

I've never actually been to a radar run before. Do people race at them or just try to get their highest top speeds on on the radar run? What do you typically end up paying to participate? I really need to join a club to be more involved with these types of outings and the sport in general.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts