Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a 79-8? centurian 500 body hard to find? have a 500 liquid triple to put into one. what is the normal price range?
we will be looking this summer.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
People took really good care of most of the Centurions. Usually people kept them complete. FYI The TXL is the same chassis, and the 76-80 TX's are either identical or VERY close. Except the missing heat exchangers of course.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61990&SearchTerms=txl

There's one - but it's the INDY (IFS) series. I also don't know how beat up or nice of one you're looking for. Or if you want the leafer. The leafers are lighter and actually very stable. My old one flew and out-twistied a lot of sleds.

Bryan

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I wish I'd known you were looking for one madcow, they just sold a NICE centerion on ebay, it only went for a little over 500!! [V]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats how it always goes. if this kid does good and works hard this summer I might donate a set of triple pipes for the project. right now the motor is in a 650 frame.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have a tx-l body for that engine.

[attachment=13423]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
^^^^just keep your paws off that Brut in the background!! LOL^^^^

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]^^^^^^ AND he has the best price you're going to find anywhere!

PS I want the engine that's in there!

Bryan
the engine is in one of these 2. I cant remeber witch one.

[attachment=28816]

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wy rider. you are a little farther than I am willing to drive.
after talking to a lot of people I think I am going to look for an early tx leaf spring frame. get a sled close to 250 lbs and a modded 500 triple!!!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]wy rider. you are a little farther than I am willing to drive.
after talking to a lot of people I think I am going to look for an early tx leaf spring frame. get a sled close to 250 lbs and a modded 500 triple!!!
I have 3 of those also. lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]People took really good care of most of the Centurions. Usually people kept them complete. FYI The TXL is the same chassis, and the 76-80 TX's are either identical or VERY close. Except the missing heat exchangers of course.
was told the txl is the same chassis, but the steering was different for the twins and the triples. heard that you had to change the steering block on a txl to drop a tripple in it. something about the way the steering bar is run from the bars to the block and into the belly pan. madcow we,ve got one with a 650 hanson race motor in it if your ever in the hayward area you can take a look at it.to get some ideas. the 650 seems to be a bit much motor for it, cant keep the front end down. [attachment=33478][attachment=30177]
Bryan

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts