Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the real difference is, I've been talking to people and some say that it's not good for the motor it keeps to much heat in and some say it holds the temp better? I'm not shure whether I want to pay 250 just to do this? or is it worth it....

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
for trail riding with stock pipes you dont need it, racing with aftermarket pipes you should have it, it builds heat faster and then helps the pipe stay hot. try this with your sled, put it on the warm up stand, warm it up without giving to much throttle. when the engine is warm put it to wide open for a second or two watch the tach, let go of the throttle and let the engine coast down to idle, do it agian. after 3,4 maybe even 6 times you should start to notice that the peak rpms come up a little and it is a lot more responsive. thats because the pipes have gotten hot and she is making power.on a drag race you only have 500-1000 feet if your pipes are cold you will be to the end of the track just as the sled is kicking in to good power. meaning you lost.

·
Registered
777 Posts
but if he has a tripple,its not that bad,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts