Snowmobile Fanatics banner

CFI in 2007 and CFI in 2010

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  PolarisIQ600HO 
#1 ·
Did they change something in the CFI system since 2007 for thoses 600.

I've heard and read that a lot of 600 CFI blew out in 2007. Since then, it seem's to be as tuff as the 600 carbs.

Any of you have info on this?

IS it true that they switch from 4 injectors to 2?

#2 ·
I think all the new ones have 4 injectors. From what i know, the 07 CFI engine is a really strong engine. I havent heard many bad things about it at all. I think polaris switched back and forth between CFI 4 and 2, since 07, but ultimately is going with the 4.

#3 ·
The 2010 600's are still CFI-4's. Its the 800's that went to CFI-2. The 600CFI's are known to be bulletproof. Weve had 3. Past 3000 miles, they have compression like they're at 300. Great motors, you will not regret buying one.

#4 ·
Yeah, it was really only the 800's that had EFI issues.. They gave up on the chi-4 on them and went back to the cfi-2, and the new 800's are supposed to outrun the e-tecs.. (actually, they completely changed EFI manufacturers for them)

#7 ·
Ummm.... aren't the internals the same on a carbed motor as the CFI?

#8 ·
The CFI 600 is not without issues. I have had the 4 injector stumble and even the two injector stumble with both the shift 600 RMK's we bought. Some have had good luck, while others have burned down. The early ones needed to be checked for oil pump calibration, some were going more than 200 miles on a quart of oil and oil calibration is related to CFI set up. There were also a lot of stator issues with the early CFI. EFI is cool technology, but carbs are more reliable for this model IMO -and you don't need the Digital Wrench Program to work on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.