Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 zl 440 and had to pull the chain case and drive gears apart last year to put a new track on. After i put it all together i noticed there is a grinding noise inside the case when i slam on the throttle from a stop. I pulled it apart again last week and realized the inside drive sprocket that goes on the shaft first is rubbing against the bolts and nuts of the bearing housing. I put an extra spacer in their and by hand i spun it and it wasnt grinding but when i ran it it did the same old thing. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does the bearing on the drive shaft on the chain case side go with the ledge towards the clutch side or the ledge towards the inside of the chain case?

·
Registered
4 Posts
borz80 said:
does the bearing on the drive shaft on the chain case side go with the ledge towards the clutch side or the ledge towards the inside of the chain case?
Are you referring to item 24?
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/speedsupplies/Arcticcat_OEM/ArcticcatSnow.asp?Type=13&A=256&B=10

If not, maybe looking at other diagrams available will help you figure out the part your are looking for...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Do you have both gears facing the right direction? How did you tighten you chain? There is oil in the case?

Just asking so we can elemenate these wonders from the get go.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah all of that is set and good. i tightened to the put oil in and the gears are going the same way

·
Registered
482 Posts
check the clutch side! both bearing cups need to be on the inside of the tunnel or the whole thing will slide to the left of the sled

1 - 7 of 7 Posts