Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ski-Doo citation LS has a chaincase leak behind the cover that bolts on i replaced the seal as i figured this would be a good time since i had it apart to fix my chain anyway i replaced it before it leaked and now does, out of the 4 bolts that hold the cover on only 3 doing something the top one has the threads stripped out(in the process of getting around to tapping it) Anyway i took it apart when it leaked all out and thought the fluid was leaking behind the gasket beside the case so i put abit of RTV sealent in the grove on the back of the seal and put it back together and it still leaks even thought the bottom of the case it tightly on, is this leak caused because of the bolt on the top or is do you guys think its the gasket, I'm ordering a gasket tomorow again(There goes another 20 ouch) but if anyone has any ideas that would be great, Thanks Again guys

·
Registered
295 Posts
darn, i hope u didn't crack that case

edit: hey , no foul language gold

·
Registered
252 Posts
silicone would work but more than likely you aren't getting a good seal due to 3 stripped bolts.
Get some new bolts or some slightly bigger ones and try and retap the holes.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright got a new bolt only 1 was actually stripped just felt like it was, i was afriad to over tighten it anyway got the one that was stripped fized anyway it now only leaks around 2 bolts holes out of the 4 2 are in the center of the chaincase so the oil leaks around thebolts, what couldd i do to solve this put RTV around the bolt holes, put orings under the head of the bolt?? did 35km and lost a decient amout of oil but not as much as i had it didn't leak as much unless i drove it pinned for a long time(from excess presure build up i guess even though theres a vent which is clear, i tried leaving the cap abit loose that seemed to help)

Thanks for the help so far any other tips??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts