Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the best chaincase oil most people use Theres so many difernt kinds out im not quite sure what is the best bang for you buck, and what are the best type of spark plugs going these days, I was thinking NGK but perhaps other people are tryng differnt ones.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've always ran Polaris Synthetic in my triple and Amsoil Synthetic in my Indy 500. I love both and think that both are great! For spark plugs, I prefer NGKs over Champions.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Polaris synthetic chaincase oil, and NGKs all the way.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I liked NGK's in my old XLT but for the liberty twins champion is the plug to run. As for chain case oils, the way I see it it's only in there for one season so run the cheap stuff. If you like you could change it a couple times a season, it's only 10 minutes to change it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not that my $.02 means anything but...I had some Royal Purple laying around from when I did my disk brake conversion on my Mustang. I called the polaris dealer here in town and they said that should be fine. I figure synthetic has to free up a little HP vs conventional. I use NGK's also....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I guess ill could just go with the cheap stuff and change it a time or two, that way I can inspect the chain and gears while im doing that. Also what NGK plugs do i use in my Indy 440 Liquid cooled Im pretty sure they are BR8ES but i might be mistaken.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts