Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran my 85' srv today, and there was a clanking noise when I took off, and as I sped up it became a almost violent vibration, it sounded like the chain in the chain case. its ridable, but I'm really not sure whats wrong. I'm guessing this is a major problem, is there any solutions?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I would pull the cover off and take a look. It can cause alot of damage to run with a loose or stretched chain. You may just need to adjust the tensioner if you do not run it.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
also check the bearing on the other side of the chaincase on the drive shaft

·
Registered
31 Posts
[8]you should try to tighten the large bolt on the back of your chain case (hand tight) if the problem persist haul the cover off and have a look. bearing could be bad , chain coming apart or mabey your tensioner is tightened to the max. by the way i had an srv and my advice is to sell that lemon

·
Registered
493 Posts
Look at the drive shaft in the tunnel. You should be able to get a semi visual on the bearings. If it's vibrating violently and a bearing is gone, you will see the twisted shiny metal or puked balls coming out in thetunnel side...usually. Even better would be to take the chan case cover off and llok that way. Could probably use a lube change anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts