Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on swaping out my old seal and bearing in my polaris xc 800 chaincase. Everything is out of the sled, the only thing left to do is take out the old seal and bearing. Problem is I've never done it before and I was just wondering if anyone had some tips from previous experience. I really don't want to screw it up, so any info you guys could give me on punching them out and putting them back in safely would be more than appreciated. Thanks-Paul

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i don't remember exactly how i pulled/pry'd the seal out. i think it may have just been a combination of pulling and prying with a screwdriver and pliers. for the bearing itself i have a round wooden tool that my buddy turned on his lathe. but i'd imagine you could use a socket of a piece of pipe or something. bang it out with a hammer.

just looked at a picture of my cracked chaincase from last year and looks like there's a snap ring on the inside side of the bearing which to me says you take the ring out and bang the bearing in from the outside.

looking at the old pics, it may be that you band the bearing out first and then take the seal out.

sorry i don't remember more clearly how i did it. if you have a manual on the way, it does go over it a bit. when you're putting in the new seal tap it in to the same depth that the original one was. it's possible to go to far.

hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts