Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mxz 440 with stock 23/44 gearing which is aprox. a 1 to 1.9 ratio. I was thinking about going down a couple teath on the top gear to make a 21/44 which is aprox 1 to 2.1 ratio. I was just wondering how much more bottom end i will recieve and how much top end i will lose. I was wondering whether or not it would be worth my 40 bucks. Also what is the best way to drain the shaincase oil?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
You will notice a stronger pull on bottom end. As far as top end loss perhaps 10mph would be a safe guess. Not sure about the bombys, you night have a drain plug under neath in the belly. If not..just pull the chaincase apart anyways, and use some rags or dry paper to obsorb the oil.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to ask about chain wrap. The chain already has a fairly good bend in it. So if I drop a couple of teeth, do you think i will need a new chain. Does this effect perfermance?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
HUmm..not familer with bomby. If it is stock gears n chain I think 2 off the top won't be bad but I think it might be to much? But I cannot say forsure. If you drop 1 on the top and up 1 on the bottom that would be fine. Maybe someone familer with gearing combo on bombys would make a post. If you drop 1 on the top that is ok forsure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts