Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the amount of chaincase oil to go into a 2000 polaris sled? Plan on changing mine here and forgot how much, (9 oz. - 11 oz.????) Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
7oz, unless you have reverse, then it's 9oz.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
7-9 oz. as stated above I use oem oils. Not need for the aftermarket as oems are synthetic.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when you change the oil in your car or truck you know the amount needed, correct? Wouldn't it be easier to know the amout, pour that amount in then keep checking the dip stick. Comments like these are why I left this site for a while and I see people don't change. This site use to help people, not make them feel like children.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I always just put 8 oz or fill it till its full on the dipstick. IMO the chaincases arnt too fussy on what oil they use. Just aslong as they have some type of lube there there fine. i ran my indy 500 all last year with not a drop (forgot to check it) and i never had a problem.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I normally buy a 12 oz bottle and dump and check. I am not going to guess what 9 oz's look like in a 12 oz bottle.

Oil in your car or truck is different. Cars are all set in full qts, not oz's You use full bottles not partial.

You response is likely going to start a pissing match. If you don't like the responce leave. No one is forcing you here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xcr440, you're probably right. It's just nice to get straight answers not little quirks.
Thanks to all for your help

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Pauljoshua7 said:
Downloaded the manual and it says 9 oz.
Where did you download a manual from? I haven't been able to find any manuals for 1999-2000 Gen II's for specs

·
Registered
572 Posts
i use one of those squirt trigger oil cans full of oil in the chain case. i think its 6 oz. but this is in the old wedge chassis. squirt the whole bottle in and its good. chaincases are forgiving as long as they have some oil. i use polaris synthetic.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Pauljoshua7 said:
Downloaded the manual and it says 9 oz.
Where did you download a manual from? I haven't been able to find any manuals for 1999-2000 Gen II's for specs
doesn't polaris still have them on their web site?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Alright, found it. Never took the time to register so I couldn't view them. I already had a universal snow owner's safety and maintenance manual for 1999, but hopefully this '99 xc 500 supplement manual will tailor my needs better.
Now just to find the ever-elusive 1999-2000 Repair manual!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts