Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys and gals,

I am changing my track on my 1989 Yamaha Enticer 400LT (Long Track) and need some advice. Actually I have no clue other than I know I have to take off the front drive shaft thing I think. Once I have that changed then you kind slip the backend back on and retension it. That is my comprehension of the whole procedure. Anybody have any sites, advice, steps, anything all would be appreciated. Thanks

If this forum is the same as it was last year I will have my hands full of good advice.

Giger

·
Registered
98 Posts
You've got the general idea. You will have to open up the chaincase and take the chain out and then go to the other side and below the secondary clutch is where the other side bearing is. You will need to take the nuts off that side also so you can slide the front shaft over. Watch you fingers!!

Ride the Best Ride POLARIS!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is a site to help you alittle bit. WWW.Ronnies.com Its not going to walk you tru it put when everything falls apart if can give you a diagram to look at. Good luck on this new headache.

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Id rather rebuild the engine than change a track. I hate that job. I do believe an engine job is easier. But we all have to do it sooner or later. So good luck and get a repair manual even a cheap generic one will help.

Go get a new sled for your spouse.....It will be a fair trade :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gigerous,

I remember you looking for a track last year. Where did you get it? Is it used or new? I'm looking for one for my 1996 Inviter.

On the back of my snow jacket it says...

"If you can read this, the bitch fell off!"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A local dealer had it for sale. He sold it to me $250 CAN. It was a 15 X 136" track almost brand new. He had another one a little more wear on it for $150. He has lots of used tracks from trade ins. He is the local skidoo dealer here in Bonfield, Ontario. The company is called Sampsons Sales. The phone number is (705) 776-2687.

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts