Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am changing my srx (stock) over to a 144 track with 2" paddle. i guess im looking for any advise on what i need to do to the clutch to make it compatible with this new rearend. will be doing mainly off trail riding but still ontrail to get there. thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
clutching wise you should be okay, but you are going to lose some top end speed with that track. you might have to get some new drivers to have enough clearence you normally want at least 1 1/4 in. because on most of the trail sleds they go to about a 1.25 track max. i would get a camoplast track. make sure that your bogey wheels don't hold the track off of the sliders once you add your rail extensions. good luck with all of the work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but the skid is a viper mountain skid, and the drives are 8 tooth. i was thinking of cutting the paddles down to 1.5" to save some weight. but im sure i need to beef up the clutch...no?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Clutches should be fine. You should gear it down a bit though by going one tooth smaller on top sprocket. That may also require a different chain length depending on what you are running for gears and chain length presently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts