Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to change the oil in my sled. I have removed the secondary clutch and tried pouring the flush into the hole where the bolt came out. It does not seem to be going in the hole. Does anyone have any suggestions or a step by step to do this? This is a new sled to me and I have not worked on a diamond drive before.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You did pull the bottom plug to drain it right? I use a big syringe with a rubber hose on it to flush and change oil in mine. Just fill it up till its up to the top hole and you"re good to go

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just did mine the other day, I just pulled the plug, put the sled on its left side to drain, then tipped it at about a 45 degree to the right and used a small syringe to fill it back up. Mine only takes 3oz. so it goes pretty quick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a poor Cat system for adding-changing act oil, the engineers really dropped the ball on this one! I have a 2010 F5 and this is what I did on advice from other Cat riders. Drill a 3/8 hole in the lowest part of the frame next to the act case, this is where the oil will have a chance to drain instead of in the frame. Remove the plug and drain the oil, when the oil stops flowing replace the plug and put about 1/2-1 quart of 2 cycle gas or diesel fuel in the case , raise the machine and throttle it for 30 seconds and drain, next remove fill plug and use a funnel with a long flexable hose with a small enough end on it to fit in the fill hole and replace with 8 ounces of 85-90 synthetic gear oil. There is no need to remove the secondary, or purchase expensive flush, or use expensive act fluid, also there is no need to have the drained fluid sit in your frame!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts