Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all the newbie here again[^]! Was out riding for work today after I cleaned up my carbs and they seemed still pretty well clean with little grime! The problem I am having is my sled seems to be running to rich and me being not so savy at sled motors was what I have to do to get them running right? They are the stock Keihin carbs some one said that the only way to get these running right was to re-jett them but I really dont know a thing about jetting a sled or where they are even at![V] Duh Duh Duh!!!!!! So any insight from the knowledge base here. THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The main jet is accessable by removing the fuel bowl from the carb or by removing the big nut on the bottom of the fuel bowl. The jet is hex-shaped, and will require a 6mm socket or hex driver to remove. I take the airbox off, loosen the carb boot on the engine, then remove the carb, dumping the gas into a pan, then take the nut off the float bowl to access the jet when i'm in the field. If the carb is getting cleaned, the float bowl is removed and the jet is very accessable for changing out.

Factory jetting is usually a bit on the rich side, to help prevent lean burn-down. Use the factory jetting chart for temperature and elevation as a guide, and if you go leaner, go in small steps and check the color of the plugs at each step. Plug color that is black is rich, cardboard brown is about right, white or grey is getting too lean and can lead to holes in the piston.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides re-jetting the carbs when I was in there I noticed there are v-force reeds. Do these need maintenance and if so what do I need to do ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts