Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Got the head back on and was about to replace the gas and oil filter when I noted how "impossible" it is to get to the oil filter. The folks at Polaris put the bugger between the engine and the air intake.

How do I get to it? Is it a big job to pull the air intake out of the way? I noticed that there are clips holding the top onto the bottom part, but taking that off isn't going to help me. Anyone ever
replace the in-line oil filter and run into this difficulty?

thanks,

david

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Three screws hold the airbox (what you call the intake) in place. Two are on the clutch side, right above the secondary. The other one is on the chaincase side, located right above and forward of the brake caliper. Very easy to take the airbox out. Nothing "impossible" about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Three screws hold the airbox (what you call the intake) in place. Two are on the clutch side, right above the secondary. The other one is on the chaincase side, located right above and forward of the brake caliper. Very easy to take the airbox out. Nothing "impossible" about it.
Thanks. I see that you were exactly right. I was just concerned because of the EFI and all the plugs and attachments to the airbox. It doesn't look insurmountable. I'll just pay attention to what I unplug.

Thanks again.

david

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
On some sleds the throttle cables get in the way of removing the airbox as a whole, so I always remove the clips so the top half comes off first, then remove the screws to remove the bottom half of the airbox. Just a tip if you're having trouble removing those older style boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts