Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the sled in the shop today and I'm looking at relocating the Hi/Lo beam switch along with the hand and thumb warmer switches. I would like to put them all on the handlebar. The factory Headlight switch is a pos, so want to upgrade that. What switch panels can I use from another sled? I kind of like how the Rev switches are (all by the brake lever), but don't really want to change the master, but will if I have to.

Anybody ever do this or have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I think a great upgrade would be to get the whole master cylinder/control block from the Gen 2/Edge chassis. The brake feel is great. Not only would you get all the warmer and light switches in reach of your left thumb, but you get the brake update. My only gripes about the wedge chassis was the lame location of the switches and the terrible brake lever

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to check into that before I do anything, thanks.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did some looking around and found out I do not want to use the newer style master with switches, have heard a bunch of bad about them.
Sooo, here's what I did:
201092801026859_24996.jpg
Did up a program for the laser, cut it out, formed, welded, powder-coated and all done!! Headlight switch(push hi,push low style) is under handlebar in it's own little bracket. All within thumbs reach!!!
[:D]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Only issues with the master/switch block is a knee hits the blue Hi beam button sending it flying off. I get tons of people asking for the button but I never had any problems with my knee getting anywhere close to the handlebar.

But hey, it turned out great! It looks really professional, like it belongs there. Great job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts