Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a simple question, I took off all the screws which hold on tail light and it still won't come off.
There is a nut in my storage that might go to tail light, do i have to remove that or just pry it off?
I don't really want to break it and have to buy a new one because im a idiot...

any help would be great!

Chad

·
Registered
453 Posts
The lens is probably just embeded into the seat cloth, pull four screws and pry just a little, voilla.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My 98 has the same lens and I had the same problem. The gasket sticks to the lens cover REAL bad and holds the lens in place like its glued on. I started at the front of the lens cover where it tapers down to a point and with a straight screwdriver I was able to pry free the tip and then work the rest loose gingerly. Getting the tip free is the hard part, once you got that youve just about got it. I would recommend doing this in a heated area. I couldnt get mine loose while I was outside at camp but when I got it home in my garage it came free. Not ot mention itll be real brittle when cold and might break.

good luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Luke said:
My 98 has the same lens and I had the same problem. The gasket sticks to the lens cover REAL bad and holds the lens in place like its glued on. I started at the front of the lens cover where it tapers down to a point and with a straight screwdriver I was able to pry free the tip and then work the rest loose gingerly. Getting the tip free is the hard part, once you got that youve just about got it. I would recommend doing this in a heated area. I couldnt get mine loose while I was outside at camp but when I got it home in my garage it came free. Not ot mention itll be real brittle when cold and might break.

good luck.
Luke pretty much beat me to it. i did this on my XC700 last week and it helped when I brought it in the garage and toook a blow dryer to where the tail light seals to the seat for a minute and it seemed to loosen it up a little bit.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I agree with either a blow dryer or a heat gun, get it warm and work it from the front corner, worked for me.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
x4, start at the front corner

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
X5, Then spray a little silicon on the gaskets for next time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!!!!

you were all right just a little stuck...screwdriver with a gently pry worked perfect!!!

Thanks Again!!!
Chad

Everyone have snow?

·
Registered
453 Posts
[thumb] Glad to help![:D]

Not a whole lot of snow yet, but we've got a big dumper ready to nail us![:0]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts