Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changing track on my srx and i have what i thought was out and ready for the drive to fall out but i cant get it to push out of the chain chase it looking like theres a snap ring and and bearings does that all have to come out anybody have anything im stuck on stupid here..

·
Registered
320 Posts
From what I have seen on polaris cases atleast, is a snap ring on the clutch side, and a snap ring on the case side. I dropped both rings out and then slid the shaft into the chain case side and giving enough space to slide track off and put new track on.

Good luck with this and hope all goes smooth. I did hit a few snags of lack of space but got it figured out. I am sure you will be able to as well.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yami's have a couple extra little connectors that make it a pain. On a MMax we had to loosen the chaincase but didn't have to remove it.
Go to Totallyamaha site >> tech pages >> snowmobile>> track >> and finally the procedure for track replacement.
http://totallyamaha.com/

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction. Looks complicated but really not much different than other sleds.
It was a couple years back,(plus memory loss) I thought there was a couple keys or screws that were hidden.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts