Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 polaris xcr800. I am looking for opinions on what tracks work well for performance trail riding. Should i stud the track if so how many is best. Lastly should i change the track myself never changed one before.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Performance trail track would be the ripsaw. Studding 144 minimum for the xcr800. Personally I'd just stud it, studding a machine makes for a whole different animal.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Go with a predrilled if you plan to put studs in it.
As far as which lug, it depends what kind of riding you do.
If you do a lot of high-speed riding on hardpack or on lakes you dont want a 1.25" lug. That track wont be able to withstand lots of high-speed riding.
I know of a few people who's tracks delaminated on them, and Camoplast told them that the 1.25" isnt made for high-speed lake riding (Camoplast recommends the 1" for that).

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the ripsaw, if your a trail rider then deffinitly stud it. You can change it yourself, if you have a socket set, a set of wrenches, a set of circlip pliers, and a little mechanical skill you can do it no problem, pulling a track is not a big deal at all, dont be intimidated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts