Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 900RMK is set up for high altitude. I purchased the proper weights from my dealer and I cannot get the pins out on the primary to chang them. I found the Allen key size, but cannot get a wrench to fit the nut. It's too tight to get any wrench in there it seems. Any trick to getting the bolt off. I don't wanna use needle nose as I know I'll strip the stinkin bolt. HELP [?]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Have you tried a 10mm open end.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that's the closest one that almost worked. It seems to still slip when I crank it. On my 96 Ultra I believe I used a 10MM. Is that what worked for u?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The first time I went to change clutch weights I had the same problem. But after referring to this site I used the 10mm open end wrench, worked like a charm.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by Ultra680Bling
[br]I think that's the closest one that almost worked. It seems to still slip when I crank it. On my 96 Ultra I believe I used a 10MM. Is that what worked for u?
Yes but you need to turn the allen wrench not the 10mm wrench.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone....I got it.....A little bit of WD40 on the bolt and it broke free. I wiped down the primary afterwards and now the Sled revs where it should.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have had better luck using a 10 mm on them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be truthful the 10MM worked on my 96 Ultra RMK and the 3/8 worked on my 06 900 RMK

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
so what did you put in for weights. and what do you ride powder/hills or trails? stock clutching sucks, I went up to 74 gram weights and stuck 2 2 gram rivets in each. then went with a green pink spring. a totally new machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts