Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I was wondering how often you should charge fox gas shocks (front and rear). My sled has 2000 miles on it But I only put 1000 on it I bought it used last year. What does charging you shocks do? Does it make them stiffer and rebound better.
Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
This topics comes up often. I personally charge my shocks once a year if I put over 1000 miles on it. I rebuild them every other year no matter what.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes.gif

·
Registered
777 Posts
rebuild at least once a year.once rebuilt they will be firmer.during hard riding they will not fade as bad.some will say my fox shocks are as good as new after 2-3000 miles,but that only because they don,t notice the slow deteriation over time,besides it not no expensive anyway.i rebuild my own,you would be suprized what your oil looks like in your shocks after a year

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
can i take my sled to my dealership and have them recharge them for me??....and how much will they charge me for it?

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
777 Posts
i hope you mean rebuilt then recharged,just a recharge is no good.what happens is the nitrogen leaks past the seals and mix with the oil.the oil side has to free of any gas,can ussally find a place for 25 bucks a shock,oil and recharge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts