Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if i have a 1998 XC 600 chassis. Thats the standard. Would it be possible to put a xc 800 sp engine in it. Would it bolt right in?? Is there a High displacment engine that would? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That is a triple XLT engine in there, correct? You will need to change mounts around if so. Look here: http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofans/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=789&FORUM_ID=44&CAT_ID=13&Topic_Title=Building+My+Snowmobile&Forum_Title=General

I am using a 1998 xcr 700 chasiss and dropping a modified 700 twin in it.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the 98' the first year with the new 600 twin??? My guess is that you could drop in that 800 twin, but you'll have to use the torque plate from the 800 also. Basic clutch alignment is the only other thing i can think of.
If that doesn't work than a 98' 700 twin would more than likely drop right in. I'm not positive on all this, but it's an educated guess for me.

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
The 1998 XC 600 had a US Built Twin

if the mounting is the same as the XC 600, then the XC 800 Twin would fit perfectly.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I actually did just the oppisite as you last year. I put a '97 700 twin in my '99 440 EDGE chassis (check it out at www.snowmobileworld.com/home/xtremesledding). I think your only biggest dimema will be that you'll have to make new mounting brakets. Polaris-man... I KNOW you know the polaris sleds very well, but you mention about the XC8 being able to mount in with it being a XC6 twin, but the XC6 twin is a smaller crankcase. The bolt pattern (that mounts the motor onto the mounting brackets) on the bottom side of the crankcase of the 440/500/600 is different than the 700/800's. Just a thought.

Buddy P...'02 XC800 Red X

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT TILL IT IS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts