Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone out there has the chatterbox system or anything similar to it and it really works well. Is it worth buying it or is something better?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a couple of chatterboxes. They worked well for my wife and I. The only thing is you get engine noise once and awhile. But otherwise my wife and I really enjoyed using them. We don't use them anymore, because I have gone to a motorcross helmet because I wear glasses. Much easier with goggles. I might be able to sell to you. I'll have to ask my wife if she wants to get rid of them. I'll PM you if I'm interested in getting rid of them.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I started useing the Chatterboxs about 8 years ago. I won,t ride without it now. Everyone I ride with now has them. MAJOR safety factor!! You have to watch out for the moisture getting into them though. I,m on my 3rd one now.( just silicone up the connectors that you don,t use.
The nice thing about them is you can plug in a mini dics player or a CD player or I pod a jam to you favorite tunes while cruiseing down the trail. Just watch out for the corners, they can come up real fast when your getting into you tunes!!!
ACDC is a killer on the corners!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
We have chatter boxes. As someone said yes at the begining when you first get them you have to play with them. Like the VOX.

My sisters boyfriend has one and as soon as we get going he guns it and it comes on. But thats at pretty high RPM. But once we get on the trail and cruise they are awesome.

Me and my sisters boyfriend were on a really wide trail and I was next to him like gunning it then letting off and they saved my old sled because of a deer. There great and yes some of the screws loosen up but I just tighten them.

Also instead of silicone some of the other plugs you don't use have little rubber covers that go in them just like a plug in.
You will like them I am sure.

Jake

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I ride with Greasemonkey alot and wouldn't know what do do without them. Great safety device in my opinion. It may take a couple of times using them to get them dialed in, but after that they are a good thing to have.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I want to try something like this with one of those gmrs radios, but I only experimented with riding with the radios once.
I couldn't get the VOX feature to work right.
Hopefully this winter, I'll figure something out with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts