Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a GPS for the up coming winter and looking for a good one, but cheap that I can upload the trails onto it. Any good ones out there? Thanks for the help guys.

My price range is up to $200.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ArcticCatzr500 said:
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a GPS for the up coming winter and looking for a good one, but cheap that I can upload the trails onto it. Any good ones out there? Thanks for the help guys.

I got a Garmin E-Trex Legend i can sell you, works perfect and looks brand new. Waterproof to like 10 feet or something and you can load the trails on it. Not color but its got a lot of features for what it is. PM if interested.

1,792 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:
ArcticCatzr500 said:

I got a Garmin E-Trex Legend i can sell you, works perfect and looks brand new. Waterproof to like 10 feet or something and you can load the trails on it. Not color but its got a lot of features for what it is. PM if interested.
My advice - search online for GPS trail maps, like redpinemapping aka: http://www.gpssledmaps.com/
and make sure they have a map compatible with the GPS you are considering getting. My GPS I bought a year ago, paid $300 for (I saw it with the TOPO/GPS bundle for just over $200 with rebate recently), I then still had to buy the trail maps for (another $40), and I had to get the road (TOPO road maps) because the base maps that came with it only showed the major highways [:(] That was another $100. The detailed road maps could come in handy if you're sledding and find yourself needing to get off the trails and taking roads back to the motel for some unknown emergency. Plus it could be used for general car travel on the roads, but still doesn't beat a dedicated car GPS (which is half the price), but it COULD be used.

Etrex are around $150. But like I said, figure additional money for the map(s).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct and that's my plan already, want to get one around 200 then get the maps on there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts