Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty tight and am on a budget right now, paying off student loans and car payments. How is the cheapest way to get power out of my 98 XC700 sled. I already gained some track Hp by replacing a couple of idler wheels & bearings, replaced the jack-shaft bearing, and everything form the clutch spins pretty smoothly. How can I get more outta my engine, anyone do any cheap reliable engine machine work during the summer?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
well... for under $500 you can pretty much wake up your XC 700 sled. in my opinion cheapest for bang bucks by doing jetting, clutching, and fresh tune up as well. you might even do pipes as well all that for $500 or less. hope it helps you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
use avgas or 103+ addative. for just a squeak more use spray silicon under hyfax dayly, especialy in dry conditions (cost $2-3) asuming you do all routine maintenance (the most bang for your buck!) pipe/jet combos are next big jump.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
avgas will slow you down. you can get a single pipe and clutch kit for around that 500 bucks. What kind of pipe do you want slp, simons, what kit do you want, slp, simons, epi, custom made.
pm me let me know.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
AVgas won't really help unless you have the right heads and all for it. And with todays gas prices its not exactly a cheap option.

·
Registered
506 Posts
check your track alignment, make sure it's perfect, check your limiter straps, make sure they're the same, make sure the sled is revving in it's powerband, if not, adjust the secondary tension to get it right, run synthetic gear oil in the chaincase, check you plugs and see if yer jetting is right, clean your Pvalves, make sure your center-center distance on the clutches is right.

most of these cost little-nothing and gain you free hp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts