Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am riding a '97 Polaris Supersport and i am looking for some cheap performance. I clutched my sled according to what EPI told me but i am looking for some tips for added performance. Yes i know this is a fan cooled sled and its hard to get performance but any ideas would help.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Theres not really any cheap way to increase performance, you can make it run better if it needs fine tuning and that will in turn will increase your performance but theres not really much you can do without spending money, especially on a fan-cooled sled.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
clutching and gearing is cheapest things you can do, and give the best "seat of the pants" feel

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cleaned the clutches when i clutched it this year and I have a brand new belt. I have fuel atomizers but i dont know whether to go ahead and install them or not. Also i have heard of getting an 1/8" wider belt for a little more top end. Would this effect my bottom end, out of the hole?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I believe it would which would make you sled feel like it has even less power.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have no personal experience with them but the theory is that they make combustion better increasing gas mileage and power. You can try them and see but i doubt you will be able to tell any noticeable difference.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Biggest bang fer yer buck, would probably be to trade up for a 600cc sled..

There's really no investment for speed for that sled, that you will recoup.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't the money for a new motor or sled right now. I would like to hear what you guys have to say about the turbulators?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any other suddestions. I've also considered making a aluminium shield to mount inbetween the exhaust and my fan to keep the engine running cooler. Would this help?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Have you had problems with it over heating?

Just slap a monster sticker on there and a six inch bar riser. thats at least 30 hp.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
sledneck777 said:
Have you had problems with it over heating?

[highlight=red]Just slap a monster sticker on there[/highlight=red] and a six inch bar riser. thats at least 30 hp.
That's starting to get annoying and over used. (just sayin')

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/117555-1997-indy-488-supersport

Heres your other post from 2 weeks ago, did you read any of it? There is a few posts in it that tell you how to get the most bang for your buck without killing your wallet, or your sled.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I put a set of UFO's in my ultra triple and seen better throttle responce so I am going to put a set in my 82 TXL 340. I am also going to wrap the pipe to keep the heat in.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts