Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I just had to show off the latest addition to my family of machines. 1991 Indy 500 SP, with 8500 miles, and twin PSI pipes, one of my dad's buddies gave it to me for FREE! It is kind of rough, the rear skid was in nasty shape, the front shocks are blown, the carbides were gone, the secondary is absolutely shot, and as you can see it has some cracks in the cowl, and some rips in the seat... But what the hell, it was FREE right? Anyways, it is at school right now sittin in the autoshop where I am fixing some of the major things wrong, hopefully I can get some miles on her before the winter is over! (if winter ever comes, LOL). OH, and this is my first WEDGE! and also my very first LIQUID!

[red]Well, I sold the old Indy 5 last night [/red][:(] My dreams of swapping the xtra-10 and all the goodies out of my trail are gone! Oh, well.... I got $450 for that little sucker [:D], sold it to a couple a local guys who are going to build a ice drag sled out of it [:D] I think thats pretty sweet! I didnt want to sell it, but I NEEDED the money to finish my car, and when it comes down to it I'd rather have this ... http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63120 .... than any sled.

[attachment=54523]

[attachment=55267]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
It sounds like an excellent project sled to me! [8D][;)]

Oh, and congrats on it.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
The only thing better than a wedge, is a FREE wedge!! [:D] Congrats

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That sound like you have a lot to fix but since you got it for free that is perdy cool. I would be excited to fix it up if I had it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
thats a nice sled for free.......hope everything worksout

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be back on the snow soon, I got the rear skid almost all done and will be back in tomarow, I made due with what I had for now with the secondary (spring was weak and the bushings are all shot), got some new carbides on it, I wrapped some duct tape around the seat, LOL, and I think I will just run the blown front shocks for now. I hope it still has some miles left in it, it runs like a top.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
good deal free is always good is there anything wrong with the motor?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Ahhh free sleds, yep I'm jealous. You'll LOVE it, especially if it's your first liquid. Them 500s are some sweet sleds.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Looks like a fun project. And with the wedge you are really moving up in the world, you sir now have class.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Good deal, can't complain about a free sled huh? Let's see some pics of those twin pipes under the hood too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
not to bad! i'd rather be doing that in shop class than "cabinet building", but our engine and metal shop shut down. our teacher is the biggest damn retard i have ever met. he don't even know how to do half the stuff required to build a cabinet.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
dude i would make that your #1 sled mod that out and do some cosmetics. those 500's well 488's run for a long time!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replys guys, I do really like the sled, We are supposed to be putting a different track on it in school today, the original one was completely munched. Once I get it home I will get some GOOD photos up for you all [:)]

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
"Free" is one of the best four letter "F" words that I can think of.
That thing will be a sweet ride when you've got it all back together and fixed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts