Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Looks good! Too bad I'm having a hard time getting a feel for how my seat would look on the '99 XC5, I have the earlier style IQ seat, the one that goes all the way down to the tunnel:
2010101722447652_23360.jpg
Still looking for a gas tank before I can go through with it.

How well does the tank fit inside the console? Any other issues you had with the swap?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasnt too bad. I dont have how to pics but i will in 2 weeks. its not bolted down yet or anything just set in there to see how it looks and feels. we have to make a bracket to hold down the front part of the gas tank so thats why its not bolted down yet.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Looks good! Too bad I'm having a hard time getting a feel for how my seat would look on the '99 XC5, I have the earlier style IQ seat, the one that goes all the way down to the tunnel:

How well does the tank fit inside the console? Any other issues you had with the swap?
well honestly its gonna need some work to get the console to sit right, its not bolted down yet, but i will let everyone know what we figure out for the console.

as for the tank check out the one twards the bottom of the page.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/117159/display.aspx

gto0209 said:
does not look very comfy, but you probably don't do a lot of sitting with those risers.
I think its more comfy. the transition from sitting to standing is very easy now.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I've never liked the look of the Freestyle seat on a short track sled. But props for a clean install/modification!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
MuscleD said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

well honestly its gonna need some work to get the console to sit right, its not bolted down yet, but i will let everyone know what we figure out for the console.

Yeah I talked to Dtmmil before he posted the pics, but it has the big 2-3 inch fuel pump hole in it which I'd rather avoid if I can.

Does your newer style IQ tank have the fuel pump hole for the CFI system? If so, how did you plug it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
MuscleD said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

Yeah I talked to Dtmmil before he posted the pics, but it has the big 2-3 inch fuel pump hole in it which I'd rather avoid if I can.

Does your newer style IQ tank have the fuel pump hole for the CFI system? If so, how did you plug it?
Yeah mine had the pump in it, but mine is different. its like a screw cap type thing. you can see what it looks like in the diagram.
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/Actionsports/Polaris_OEM/PolarisSnow.asp?Type=13&A=795&B=41
I used a plumbing rubber cap from menards with a clamp around it to plug it. it fit right over it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is just freaking awesome. That's a sweet sled, seriously, and that seat looks amazing. Great job.

·
Registered
848 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
I'm sorry, but that is just freaking awesome. That's a sweet sled, seriously, and that seat looks amazing. Great job.
X2[thumb]

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
MX86 said:
I've never liked the look of the Freestyle seat on a short track sled. But props for a clean install/modification!
I dont think they look good at all either, if it was a 136 i think it would look about 10x better.

But as MX Said, great install and very clean looking. Just need to get rid of all that monster crap and you will be set.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I like the idea of something different and the transition from standind to sitting and vice versa should be much easier. The higher cg will take away from handling on the twisties but it looks as though your not worried about that. The Monster graphics are a matter of preference. I wonder how blue graphics would have looked on the gas tank. The overall look is a good one IMO. Nice job. I'll be looking forward to your how to posts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts