Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Check out my new seat!

5K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  shady800x 
#1 ·
Here is a 09 rmk seat and tank on my 99 xc 500. let me know what you guys think.

Land vehicle Vehicle Snowmobile Automotive tire Sled

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Crash Snowmobile

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Car

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good! Too bad I'm having a hard time getting a feel for how my seat would look on the '99 XC5, I have the earlier style IQ seat, the one that goes all the way down to the tunnel:
Table Personal protective equipment Bicycle saddle

Still looking for a gas tank before I can go through with it.

How well does the tank fit inside the console? Any other issues you had with the swap?

#4 ·
It wasnt too bad. I dont have how to pics but i will in 2 weeks. its not bolted down yet or anything just set in there to see how it looks and feels. we have to make a bracket to hold down the front part of the gas tank so thats why its not bolted down yet.

#6 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Looks good! Too bad I'm having a hard time getting a feel for how my seat would look on the '99 XC5, I have the earlier style IQ seat, the one that goes all the way down to the tunnel:

How well does the tank fit inside the console? Any other issues you had with the swap?
well honestly its gonna need some work to get the console to sit right, its not bolted down yet, but i will let everyone know what we figure out for the console.

as for the tank check out the one twards the bottom of the page.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/117159/display.aspx

gto0209 said:
does not look very comfy, but you probably don't do a lot of sitting with those risers.
I think its more comfy. the transition from sitting to standing is very easy now.

#9 ·
MuscleD said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

well honestly its gonna need some work to get the console to sit right, its not bolted down yet, but i will let everyone know what we figure out for the console.

Yeah I talked to Dtmmil before he posted the pics, but it has the big 2-3 inch fuel pump hole in it which I'd rather avoid if I can.

Does your newer style IQ tank have the fuel pump hole for the CFI system? If so, how did you plug it?

Attachments

#10 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
MuscleD said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

Yeah I talked to Dtmmil before he posted the pics, but it has the big 2-3 inch fuel pump hole in it which I'd rather avoid if I can.

Does your newer style IQ tank have the fuel pump hole for the CFI system? If so, how did you plug it?
Yeah mine had the pump in it, but mine is different. its like a screw cap type thing. you can see what it looks like in the diagram.
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/Actionsports/Polaris_OEM/PolarisSnow.asp?Type=13&A=795&B=41
I used a plumbing rubber cap from menards with a clamp around it to plug it. it fit right over it

Attachments

#19 ·
MX86 said:
I've never liked the look of the Freestyle seat on a short track sled. But props for a clean install/modification!
I dont think they look good at all either, if it was a 136 i think it would look about 10x better.

But as MX Said, great install and very clean looking. Just need to get rid of all that monster crap and you will be set.

#20 ·
I like the idea of something different and the transition from standind to sitting and vice versa should be much easier. The higher cg will take away from handling on the twisties but it looks as though your not worried about that. The Monster graphics are a matter of preference. I wonder how blue graphics would have looked on the gas tank. The overall look is a good one IMO. Nice job. I'll be looking forward to your how to posts.

#21 ·
Thanks guys! It feels like a new sled sitting on it now. As far as the monster I like it cuz its not the typical green lol and they were 2.50 so I figured why not add some spice to the tank. And the snowflap was the only one I really liked.

#23 ·
Hey Muscle, can I get a measurement from you? I need the distance from the steering hoop to the cross-over coolant hose.

#24 ·
gto0209 said:
is your track ripped in half? or is there a ripped track laying on top of your track?
Yeah haha my track ripped apart the last ride last season. We put the tank on amd everything first to see how it looked. Putting a new track on in 2 weeks.

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Hey Muscle, can I get a measurement from you? I need the distance from the steering hoop to the cross-over coolant hose.
I can't get any measurement until 2 weeks because its in my dads garage right now. But I could in 2 weeks.

#25 ·
MuscleD said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I can't get any measurement until 2 weeks because its in my dads garage right now. But I could in 2 weeks.
Ha that's fine, I won't see my sled for another 5 weeks so I have some spare time [beatup]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.