Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for years my buddies and i talked about getting radios so we could talk while riding the trails, but they were always too expensive.

but i found some for cheap! they just arrived today, got 4 of them from ebay. dennis kirk and other people sell the radio for $120 plus $35 for the helmet speakers and mic. there are people on ebay selling them for $65 for the radio and headset.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250080307865

so far i'm happy, really fast shipping from that guy. i paid for them late thursday night or early friday morning depending on you you look at it. they arrived today. that's fast.

technically the headsets are for an open face motorcycle helmet, but the difference between that and the full face headset is minimal. these will work.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I just bought a set of three Collett SnoFones. One seems to only transmit. I emailed the company and it "bounced" back.
I don't really feel like undoing a set of speakers and all that, just to send it back, but that's probably what will happen.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by MoJuice
[br]Let us know how they work in the field.
what he said. I've been wanting a way to talk with other riders in my group but don't like what's on the market. Either too expensive or bad reputation.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by bulldog_shotgun
[br]The NADY units are good quality. i'm sure you will be happy with them. one question why didn't you buy the full face headsets??
they came as a package deal. the headsets are packaged right from nady in the box with the radios. and the only one's i could find have the open face model headsets. but looking at the picture in the papers that came with it, it's almost identical. it seems like this one just has a beefier wire that goes from the mic to where it sticks to the inside of the helmet. i'd assume it's so this one can support it's own weight as opposed to the full face that would be stuck to the inside of the helmet all the way. i'm sure it will work with no problem.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
thats pretty cheap compaired to what my dad bought for me him and his girlfriend for christmas 270.00 each [xx(]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts