Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this was cool and that you guys might want to see it. I saw it on the Snow Rider site. Its called the Boss Cat III made by Arctic Enterprises. Man I bet that sled flies.

Looks like it has 4 triple engines. Look at the pipes, this must be loud!

Remember: DON"T HESITATE.........ACCELERATE!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
HAHAHA,sweet Jusus, what the hell IS that thing!?!

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
looks like I am gussing 4 open air cat engines. 2 plugs per cylinder I don't quite get. I bet that thing isn't slow for sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is some more info that i found on a vintage sled site. It says that the sled has 4 650 EXT engines on. Apparently it did 145-150 mph! Here are some more pics.

Edited by - smxcr on 13 Feb 2002 16:45:49

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by steve:

HAHAHA,sweet Jusus, what the hell IS that thing!?!

Dude, don't freak out.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Well, that certainly is different, I like the way the pipes stick out, I bet it sounds awesome.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
bet it is his trail sled ;) wonder what kind of ETs it pulls. 150MPH top speed isn't that great since it looks like it was built as a land speed record type machine. I could make an SRX or Thundercat do 150. Not really cheap but I could do it.
Though I am sure those old open airs don't produce a lot of HP.

Edited by - Sled_Dog on February 13 2002 6:32:40 PM

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That is nice. 4 engines, I wonder how they get all that to work together. That would be cool if they made an updated speed record sled. I think it would be kinda cool to see how fast one could really go.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I talked to a guy who is planning on going to bonneville with his SRX and taking a speed run. Has Nitro and may add a turbo. I would make and pilot a sled but I don't have any money for a normal sled let alone that.

Edited by - Sled_Dog on February 13 2002 7:32:14 PM

·
Registered
295 Posts
That is one hopped up lookin buggy!! My dad was telling me about that thing!! I think I've seen pictures of it before!! Pretty neat though!!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
They could have used a better engine though, EXT's weren't exactly the greatest machines.

They should have 4 Thundercat 1000's in there, with all the mods available, then it would fly.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That things insane!! wow, haven't seen that before...pretty cool though, it seems like something with 4, 650's could smash the 150 mph mark but, i guess that's just what you would think. anyway, looks pretty wild, I would love to hear it run.....wonder what exactly that would sound like?....

'99 Arctic Cat Powder Special 600

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yea that thing was made back in the day, so i'm guessing the best engine they had was the EXT's but it would be great to see a few 1000's in there!!! Probably wouldn't stay on the ground!!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Holy crap!!! That thing must sound like the wrath of god comming down on you! LOL! The thing looks like a dart.

Yeah, someone should really go for the landspeed record again on a sled. That was set quite a while ago wasn't it? Man, with the motors and tech we've got today...we should be able to SMASH the old one. Great looking sled though, I love it.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good lord......... I wouldn't want to be in that shop when that thing ignites, thats for sure

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles; baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
That thing is ummmmmm......interesting?
seriously though wouldn't a single larger engine be much better? Like a 350 chev or something. Remember for top speed weight is not as much of an issue. Drop a LS1 or something like that in that thing and then hang on!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, I think you're right. You must loose hp having to link all those engines up. One high hp screamer would kick!

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

That thing is ummmmmm......interesting?
seriously though wouldn't a single larger engine be much better? Like a 350 chev or something. Remember for top speed weight is not as much of an issue. Drop a LS1 or something like that in that thing and then hang on! [/quote]
that wouldn't exactly be a top speed snowmobile then would it?

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, I think one high HP engine would work better, but it wouldn't look as cool.

That is one wacked sled. I think it would be one hell of a ride.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

1 - 20 of 20 Posts