Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok someone has to have a great idea for a ramp to load on trucks and trailer. light and cheep.. but still something thats easy to use..i have had some hughe ugle back breakers or slid off into the truck ramps.. so what ya got??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 06SS
[br]Cheap ramp*
yes a cheep ramp.. what do you guys use?(to put your sled in your truck) did you go out and buy a $300 ramp then worry about someone taking it as you go riding or did your granny knit you one???

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
snow bank, find a wide enough peice of wood

·
Registered
86 Posts
I made my aluminum ones, i welded some sweet slider pads on some semi trailer flooring and my 151" grabs my tailgate and i ride it in everytime it's pretty easy

·
Registered
725 Posts
I usually just lift mine in, it only takes 2 guys to lift mine in the truck. one on each trailing arm to get the front up, then one goes to the back and lifts and pushes. Usually if im going somewhere with the sled there is more than one person with me. If by myself, I just drive up on a snowbank.. Cant get any cheaper than that, LOL

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Originally posted by YooperRider
[br]I usually just lift mine in, it only takes 2 guys to lift mine in the truck. one on each trailing arm to get the front up, then one goes to the back and lifts and pushes. Usually if im going somewhere with the sled there is more than one person with me. If by myself, I just drive up on a snowbank.. Cant get any cheaper than that, LOL

i usually lift mine to .so so cheap

·
Registered
199 Posts
just find a nice drift and get some speen and part your truck a few feet away ... but whatch out for the rear window ....oopps lol

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
back the ars end of the truck into a decent snow bank and drive in.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i got one load up the truck with alot of snow hit it in reverse and then put it into drive and make all the snow come out lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok but i put 2 on the trailer and 1 in the truck .. jacknife the truck and pull out the 1 in the truck then the 2 on the trailer.. where would i put a 4x8 sheet of wood??

·
Registered
489 Posts
from snowblowing are yard we usually have a big drift thats just the right hight for the tail gate back it up into the drift and drive on

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by 74cat
[br]from snowblowing are yard we usually have a big drift thats just the right hight for the tail gate back it up into the drift and drive on
Why do you snow blow your yard??????

most people clear their driveways and sidewalks!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Originally posted by jack-frost
[br]ok but i put 2 on the trailer and 1 in the truck .. jacknife the truck and pull out the 1 in the truck then the 2 on the trailer.. where would i put a 4x8 sheet of wood??
never thought of that you may want the middle track one to have some grip strips on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Before i got a trailer, i went to the traler shop and got some aluminum ramp ends that lock on your tail gait(4) and 4 2x6s and a handfull of lathes. i cut the 2x6 off just short enough to fit inside my body when i wasnt using them. 2 together in the middle for the track with lathes screwed to them everu foot or so for traction and lathes running up the sides of the other 2x6s for ski guides.....worked fine and wasnt that exspensive

·
Registered
489 Posts
lol ya thats what i ment drive way thanks

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have a tilt trailer. I hate having to have someone in front of the trailer to push the end back down to the tongue, especially after there is already one six hundred pound sled up there. So I bought one of those inexpensive tri-fold ramps at Cabelos. The one I bought had channels in it for cutting and sliding 3/8" ply into it. Works great! I have used it to put one in the back of the truck too. Before I got the ramp, I used snow banks also for loading into the back of the truck. Don't get no cheaper than that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts