Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. my 75 cheetah, has a 340 kow, and its lights are very dim, but they all work. any pointers would be helpfull. I was thinking of swapping regulators from another older sled??? thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Check all connections (plug ins) for corrosion and also the ground.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i would start with the ground connections. but yes, check all plugs and wiring, maybe a bare wire grounding somewhere. also check under your seat , the wires that go to the rear taillight, had an old sled that would go dim when i put the brakes on, found a bare wire grounding under the seat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Deadsledz may be correct. Last week was my first ride of the season and I had the same problem with my 95 Panther. I put the regulator in from my EXT and it cured the problem. I always thought a bad regulator would just blow out lights but it dimmed my lights and the handlebar heaters didn't work (not enough juice). Good luck and let us know. Too many times I never know if the advise works.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yup voltage regulator no doubt!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys a correct1 It was a bad regulator I tryed the one off my 340 eltigre and it work great, then I tryed on off 3 of my other old project sleds and the are all bad to!... Any body have one they want to sell????. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
198 Posts
you can get them for under $5 from an aftermarket parts place like (shadetreepowersports.com).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts