Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
All Arctic EFI's up to I think 2000 or 2001 had a programmable EFI cpu box which meant that you could put a programmed chip in it that had a remapped fuel flow. Arctic changed it to a non programmable system to eliminate warrenty problems. Actually you can still reprogram the system if you know the code, but AC has not give that code to anyone and we have been trying to break it for about 2 years. With the chippable efi's you could pipe, do motor work etc. and just put a chip to match what work you did. Now you can't do that cause if you do pipes, or head work or that stuff you change the fuel flow and other stuff and the motor goes to hell.
Something like that anyways.
AJR

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so unless you do something that you change the flow of gas there is no reason to get a different chip? cause people have told me that a new chip can make a sled faster.... am i getting wrong info?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'm guessing, but doesnt it also have some thing to do with the air/fuel mixture??

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yes that is what a chip does sledhead. And yes you do change the chip when you change the airflow(add a pipe or intake setup) but you can run a chip that will gain you more power with the everything else being stock.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are these chips hard to put in the snowmobile? a stupid question but just making sure.. I won't have to change the chip when i put a canister on right? just intake not the exhaust right...!?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Exhaust on a 2 stroke changes the air/fuel mixture as well. With just a canister you probably won't have to rechip but if you put a new pipe and canister on then yes you would. Ask the people you purchase the pipe from about it. I am not sure how it is to change a chip. I don't believe it is any harder then rejetting a set of carbs. Except on say I think it is 2000 and newers where the chip is locked and you can't get at it. Then it is actually easier cause you change the entire computer module, of course this is much more expensive though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts