Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i know i ask a lot of questions on this website but i'm not all that smart when it comes to motors. So thanks for the replys.

I have a '89 Mx 462 LC. There are 2 levers on the yop of each carb that have "choke" written on them(each manual). Are these supposed to be pushed up or down?? Is the choke on when they're pushed down or are they on when they're pushed up???They are not connected to any cables just a bar that goes up and down in the each carb that i'm not sure when the lever is pushed up the choke is on or the lever pushed down the choke is on. Ok, thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm not sure if it would be the same as on my motorbike, but for my motorbike, the choke is on when you push it down. You could try starting it and getting it warm and seeing when it sounds and feels the smoothest and is preforming the best. Hope that helps

·
Registered
115 Posts
Try what summit said. On my dirtbikes its like a button and when you pull it up it is on. You should be able to tell on start up. When the engine is cold and you have the choke on the engine should rev up fairly high then shut it off and it should rev down.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
On a regular snowmobile's choke lever, they are on, when you flip up on the lever. This pulls up on the individual plungers on each carb. When you flip the choke lever down, this pushes down on the plungers, thus turning the choke off. I've never seen individual manual chokes on each carb with no cable attached to them though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The manual choke levers are more for motorcycle applications, but I have seen them on sleds when "other than stock" carbs are used. It should be on when pushed down as the others said. this should raise the stem that goes into the carb body and opens the fuel passage. Normaly the cable pulls the plunger open and opens the fuel passage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts