Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get a sled and i have never owned one. my family is moving to bozeman montana this summer and i want a sled for out there. my uncle has 1000 acres out there plus there are trails everywhere.im likin the 07 phazers but i think i might be under powered when they get like 3 ft in a night. heres some info on me that might help you in helpin me out. im 17 190 lbs. no skill on a sled except for a couple minutes on some buddies sleds and plenty of property for me to cruise on, i like to go fast but nothin to scare the crap out of me. any help would be great

·
Registered
284 Posts
Either of these sleds would work extremly well for you being a beginer.
07 RMK 600HO
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Snowmobiles/2007Models/DeepSnow/600HORMK144/
or the 06 RMK 600HO
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Snowmobiles/2006Models/DeepSnow/600HORMK/

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
you say the phazer is underpowered but ive read an arcticle and it was tested by a bunch of 30 year old guys (usually around 200 lbs) and they had the phazer mountain lite 144" and by the pictures they were shouwing it really did pretty well imo. try and find some rider reviews on the phazer mountain lite 144". other than that a polaris rmk 600/700 is a great sled

·
Registered
369 Posts
go with a skidoo renegade

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would wait until you move out there and ask at your local dealerships. It sounds like you night be in a fairly remote area. Is there a dealer for all 4 major brands nearby. If the only dealership within an hours drive carries Polaris for instance, I would stick with that brand.

After I decided on an brand I would get the least expensive mountain or cross-country model from that brand. Ex. Yamaha - Phazer mountain lite, Arctic Cat - M5 or Crossfire 5. You will be so impressed with the power of one of these smaller sleds for your first few years of riding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
^^^^^^^^
Agreed, if you have the bucks I would look for an M5/6 or a Crossfire. You should be able to find some good used sleds around that area. I don't think a phazer would be a bad choice either. Really reliable and pretty much maintanance free.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Buy an 05 -06 Arctic Cat M5 or M6 144, that will get the job done and are great for the beginner!!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
imagine that....the poo guys say poo,the doo guys say doo the cat guys say cat....I don't think any of you guys answered his question. dude...go w/any cross over sled you think you will like...something w/a long track will work well in the deep snow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts