Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so what should every person in here have on their xmas lists this year??? small stuff that is kinda readily available??? like 100$ or less type stuff?? im very much into the sport, just looking for some extra goodies

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I hinted to the wife, about a new Avy Beacon...course that's triple what your asking, either way I'm getting a new one this year. Another was a new GPS, settled on the Rino GPS with two way radio. Were pretty open about it, so which ever one she doesn't get, I'll go out and buy myself sometime soon..

On the topic though, uhhhh....a hundred dollar gift card to the local dealer or website...then you can pick what you want and save yourself the hassle of returning it anyway!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm asking for the rino GPS too,and maybe a 60 lb thrust motor for the new boat.But every thing i want is over $100

·
Registered
274 Posts
warm socks lol
non-sport bvd's without the racing stripe!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rino GPS eh. . . I haven't seen that one. I have been looking at the eTrek Vista.

sukmy49311, that's a brown racing stripe right [:D]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what are some nice gloves, u know the ones with the long sleeve on them?? what ones always keep you warm and dry??

·
Registered
4 Posts
[/font=Comic Sans MS][/size=4][blue][/blue]I know of something that has been very useful to me, a sno bunje. It cost me 70 bucks for the big one and I've used it nearly every time I've gone out, (wether it was to get me unstuck or somebody within my large group)Probably the most used thing I carry when I go out in the backcountry in Alaska.

Remember, "you ain't havin fun less somebody gets stuck" [^]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where can you get one of these things??? u got a link to anywhere that sells them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
[navy]I bought mine at my local dealer but I think I've seen them at Dennis-Kirk or you can also go to www.snobunje.com[/font=Comic Sans MS][/size=5][/navy]

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Im looking a an HJC riding jacket and some HJC gloves. I think the jacket was 100 and the gloves were 40. I was also looking in the dennis kirk catalogue.

·
Registered
274 Posts
dennis kirk is way over priced....
find something you like and do a search on it like in yahoo.com
just type in like hjc type r jacket sale
and youll get like 100 different sales

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone know of any good folding shovels that will fit inside the seat cargo box??? i ride alot of feilds with deep ass snow and alot of the time im on my own, so if i get F'd over in the middle of the feild, i still will need to dig my sorry ass out. any suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmmmmm guess ill have to take a look in our local army navy store and see if they have anyhting small enough... you guys have to have more ideas.....

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I carry a rather large shovel with a extendable handle, It fits snug straped right ontop of the clutch cover, having a decent shovel makes getting unstuck alot faster, I think I got it at walmart for a cheap price..I can post a pic of it on my sled if ya want?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I asked for some Mechanics gloves.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I carry my shovel attached to my pack. The blade goes inside and the handle attaches on the outside. . . very handy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
As for a Shovel, Dicks sporting goods has great camping folding shovel.. I carry one is my saddle bag. it folds to like only 9 inches long... and opens to like 20 inches.. works though!

WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS """SNOW"""

I am in the hudson valley NY never get any here that much

1 - 20 of 21 Posts