Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have posted this on a couple other forum sites but I thought I would let you guys in on it to. The spray paint I used is called "Spaz Stix Chrome" and if you type that in on ebay or google, you will find some matches. It is a little pricy but much less then a chrome windshield and has the exact same results. I couldn't believe how well it came out and it took the entire can of paint to do the windshield. This spray paint is made specifically for lexan as it is a hobby paint and is used to paint lexan RC body's. It is extremely flexible and make sure you paint the inside of the windshield. It will hold up to the abuse of winter without flinching. Here are the pics.

Spray Paint I Used
[attachment=48134]

Windshield Pictures
[attachment=48135]
[attachment=48136]
[attachment=48137]
[attachment=48138]
[attachment=48139]

Just thought I would share so you all know how to make your windshield chrome aswell. Here is a link to where to purchase on ebay if you are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spaz-Stix-Mirror-Chrome-Lexan-Spray-Paint_W0QQitemZ110053448226QQihZ001QQcategoryZ34063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am telling you guys, this is the paint to go with, we have many chrome windshields in stock here and I compared those to this one I painted and they are Identical.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]Sweet job man. Does it chip?
No, this paint is made for RC lexan body's which take far more abuse then a snowmobile windshield will ever take. It is an extremely flexible paint.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
that's awesome! looks great one your windshield too.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^ exactly what he said. good job on not getting the paint on the blue.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You spray it from the inside so there was no skill involved. The blue yamaha sticker is on the outside of the windshield. The bottom part that is blue came factory on the inside so all I had to do was spray away.

·
Registered
546 Posts
What about the winter temps? Is there any kind of rating for it?

Looks good.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It will definitely hold up. I used to drive my RC tracuk in the winter off jumps and land right on the body and it will never flake. It should hold up really well.

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
That looks pretty sharp, especially for a rattle can!

I still like my chrome windshield though [:D]...
[attachment=2628]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]That looks pretty sharp, especially for a rattle can!

[attachment=2628]
lol, is that duct tape?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Huh, I never of trying that. I bought a can of that a while ago to a rc body. Yeah that stuff is spendy, I think paid like 9-10 bucks for it and i think its only a 4 oz. can.

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]

[attachment=2628]
lol, is that duct tape?
Yep, you know it. Rolled the sled and shattered the windshield, so we brought it back, my buddies duct taped it up, and we went back out riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
LMFAO QUINLAN! [:D]
[br]
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]

[attachment=2628]
lol, is that duct tape?
Yep, you know it. Rolled the sled and shattered the windshield, so we brought it back, my buddies duct taped it up, and we went back out riding.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.