Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 F7 and I have found citgo sea and snow oil. This is half the price of most oils. Has anyone ever used this? Can I run this in the sled? It says that it is for newer Arctic Cats liquid and air cooled engines.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i used it in my xlt and didnt have any problems, but i heard that all the snowmobile manufacturers oil injectors are different and thats why the tell you to use their own oil, ehh who knows.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I've read of many people running Citgo S&S and many have had no problems in doing so. If it is not a synthetic, it may gum up the power valves quicker, but all that means is cleaning them more often. With the price of oils sky rocketing to $40+/gal, it is certainly understandable why one would want to switch.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I use it in Polaris's with valves. Just as clean as when using klotz and interceptor. A great oil at a even better price. You can get mystic JT4 which is a full syn for $20 a gallon. Citgo is changing over to the mystic name on their oils. Same product, differnt labeling.

·
Registered
174 Posts
srx_600 said:
I would just get a good quality oil, its not worth the risk IMO.

Just because the price is cheap doesn't mean its not a quality oil. [;)] Its actually one of highest rated two stroke oils out there. Sure it doesn't have the fancy smell some oils do, but i've never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I would like to see who each manufacture uses to produce there oil.

I'm sure any oil is fine, probably the only difference is the detergents they put in there.

Just like most gas you buy, most comes from the same gas farm, they just add what "ingredients" each dealer wants to the gas while filling the tanker.

·
Registered
222 Posts
my friend bought an A$$ load of it last year and ran it in his 2000 xc sp 600 because it was cheap and put on about 700 miles, not a single problem.....almost makes me want to stop using the amsoil interceptor and try that out for a while

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
MN_SlEdnEck said:
my friend bought an A$$ load of it last year and ran it in his 2000 xc sp 600 because it was cheap and put on about 700 miles, not a single problem.....almost makes me want to stop using the amsoil interceptor and try that out for a while
Just as good as interceptor[thumb] If you want a syn oil, you can get mystic JT4. $20 a gallon.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
"Venezuela Dictator Vows To Bring Down U.S. Government

Venezuela government is sole owner of Citco gasoline company

Venezuela Dictator Hugo Chavez has vowed to bring down the U.S. government. Chavez, president of Venezuela, told a TV audience: "Enough of imperialist aggression; we must tell the world: down with the U.S. empire. We have to bury imperialism this century."

The Venezuela government, run by the dictator Chavez, is the sole owner of Citgo gas company. Sales of products at Citgo stations send money back to Chavez to help him in his vow to bring down our government.[/color=limegreen]"

No wonder they are trying to change their name.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rubi said:
"Venezuela Dictator Vows To Bring Down U.S. Government

Venezuela government is sole owner of Citco gasoline company

Venezuela Dictator Hugo Chavez has vowed to bring down the U.S. government. Chavez, president of Venezuela, told a TV audience: "Enough of imperialist aggression; we must tell the world: down with the U.S. empire. We have to bury imperialism this century."

The Venezuela government, run by the dictator Chavez, is the sole owner of Citgo gas company. Sales of products at Citgo stations send money back to Chavez to help him in his vow to bring down our government.[/color=limegreen]"

No wonder they are trying to change their name.

Well...I don't really see Venezuela vs. The USA going in their favor

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Mystic has always been labeled as citgo. Nothing big in the name change. Alot of farmers swear by mystic products.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used S+S in both my trail sleds but for my modded sled I feel safer with Amsoil in there. Probably not much difference just more of a mind game with brands.

·
Registered
222 Posts
99ZRKittyCat said:
I used S+S in both my trail sleds but for my modded sled I feel safer with Amsoil in there. Probably not much difference just [highlight=yellow]more of a mind game with brands[/highlight=yellow].

That is exactly it. I have more piece of mind when running AMSOIL interceptor

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ive been using it in my '01 600 EDGE X for the past 2 winters and it works fine. Low smoke, low odor and the valves dont get any dirtier than when I used Polaris Gold.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guys I ride with have been using it for years, one just turned 12000 miles with not one engine problem... and we do alot of high speed lake running, I use Klots and have been for years, but as stated the price of oil may make me switch which then it will be S&S.

P.S. Dont worry about Chavez, the only reason he is breathing is because the CIA is letting him!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I watched my cousin dump a quart of S+S in the tank of his TX then proceed to pump 5 gallons of gas in. Sled ran fine all day, especially considering we beat the snot out of it coyote hunting, running fields wide open, and going slow pulling a heavy sleigh through the woods(very hard on the free-air 340).

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Like whats been said its a awesome oil, and you won't regret using it. We always bought gallons of it cheap at Meijers, but for some reason i can't find 2 stroke oil there. Actually i haven't found any 2 stroke oil at any of the major stores around here. [dunno] I found that out when i tried buying 2-stroke oil for my truck.

But my sled has 7700 miles, and probably 3500 of that has been S&S. And we probably ran it for 5-6k miles in our old 700. Not sure how it is on the power valves since we don't own a sled with them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts