Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10' Triton trailer with a typical aluminum clamshell enclosure. I have noticed that the high pressure struts that help raise the lid open are begining to lose their strength.

I have read other threads on the forum about where to find replacements, and I have a place to get some. I'm just wondering what strength I should get. Pressures available in 28 inch struts are 80,100,120,150,200,250 lbs each.

I think that the 250's would be a little overkill. Maybe (2) 120's or 150's will do the trick. Anybody else replace theirs and remember what pressure struts they got please drop me a line.

Thanks!
Andy

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The existing units have deteritorated and there are no readable markings on the strut bodies.

Please, just reply to this thread if you have replaced struts like these in a similar application with success.

Thanks!

Andy.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I finally got my replacement gas struts for my trailer enclosure. I ended up figuring out that a comapny called Sled Shed out of Clark Lake, MI made my enclosure and they were able to give me the lift capacity spec. on these 28" gas springs.

It turns out that they are 250 pounders each! The sales guy at Sled Shed offered to sell me replacements $30 each plus $10 shipping. Ebay had 'em 2 for $19.95 plus $10 shipping including your chioce of ball studs and safety clips!

Anyways, the old ones sure were sacked out. The replacements do all the lifting and hold it up even if the wind is blowing hard. So if anyone needs replacement gas springs in a simialr trailer application and you have no idea what capacity your old ones are, go the #250 ones and look on ebay you save lots!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts