Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone--i am just wondering what people think about the diff on the new rev chasis rather than the classic ones...handling and performance, stuff like that. thanks

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Im geussing your refering to the ZX chassis?

Let's start with suspension.
--SC-4 is a great rough trail suspension, and the HPG shocks are top notch. The RAS front suspenion is decent but doesnt really compare to Polaris. The main reason is its prone to failure through the nun. A suppport between the two sides. It would crumple and it is a pain in the *** to repair. But still the suspension is responsive years beyond the old trailing arm ZX setup.
--The engine
Basically the same powerplants in 03 with the rev debut as in the ZX but in 04 the sdi (semi direct inject) set the bar much higher in terms of gas mileage and durability in general. The 03 and 04 HO versions had issues with ring pitting and it could do a number on your top end if not replaced. The 05 ptek 800 was a strong runner but will most likely be replaced by the 800r this spring. Argueably the hands down best 800 on the market in every aspect.
--chassis
This is what makes the REV. The rider forward positioning REVoulutionized the market. Every company took note and we now see one of the best sled markets in history due to the changes that took place. The chassis saves backs, is extremely agressive, is moderatley light, and is has been around for five years so most of the kinks are worked out. You cant argue with results and the chassis has put skidoo at the top since 2003. Is it better than the ZX, definitly, but the other three have caught up and hence the REVII chassis which you can find sneak peaks on in the General section.

IMO is the REV better than the ZX or the previous models? OF COURSE!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wish i had a rev, i just bought a ZX800 x model for 2500 and couldn't pass it up...thanks for all that info

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
The Zx is still a great sled and you wont be dissapointed with the X package or the 800.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have both the zx and the rev now. I have had them both out recently on the very rough ungroomed beaten trails, and so far, no comparison, the 2007 is MUCH better handleing, and just plain easier to ride. Easier to steer, easier to tip on it's side, and over-all, more comfortable at 60 mph especially. You just glide right over whoops! The comparison is not 100% fair because my zx is a 144" and my rev is a 151". But my big mistake was letting my lady ride the 2007. Now we will be tradeing for another rev. Truthfully, WHOOOHOOOO!!!! BRING IT!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats so cool...i've been thinking about extending my mxzx to 136" but with a lack of snow here in La Crosse WI i am finding it hard. Maybe in a year or two i can get something like an 05 or 06 rev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts