Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a set of 3" sportech Pivot risers.
The stock bar pad will not fit anymore...I had a bunch of wires hanging everywhere...in front of the bar..underneath it..

[galleryattach=13613]

So I cleaned it up...[:D]

[galleryattach=13610]

Nice and neat now[:p]

·
Registered
317 Posts
^^^What he said and that's a cool trick with the blue tube! Looks better!

·
Registered
700 Posts
is that 3/4 convoulted tube? I'v been looking for 1/2 or 9/16 and have had no luck.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Looks good but I hope you plan on putting some sort of pad on there!!! If you hit that steel post with anything especially your face its not a pretty site!! Here is what mine looks like!!
[attachment=51397] [attachment=51396]

DW

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice.

I need a small pad, I know.
Bought some vinyl and some foam sheet last weekend.... gonna make one up.

I got lots of time right now to sew.[V]

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Man that's one of the weirdest bar setups I've seen... I'd like to hear some on snow reviews on how hard that sled is to steer.... The reason I say this is because your bars are so far away from the center point of the steering post.... you now have an arc that the bars will have to move through instead of pivoting on the center of the bar.. kind of like if you took off the steering wheel of your car.. attached that riser to it and installed your bars.. to turn left or right you will find you will have to pull sideways on the bar instead of back toward you..
I think it may feel alright on you garage floor but I think you might find it to be harder to steer.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisEdge
[br]Man that's one of the weirdest bar setups I've seen... I'd like to hear some on snow reviews on how hard that sled is to steer.... The reason I say this is because your bars are so far away from the center point of the steering post.... you now have an arc that the bars will have to move through instead of pivoting on the center of the bar.. kind of like if you took off the steering wheel of your car.. attached that riser to it and installed your bars.. to turn left or right you will find you will have to pull sideways on the bar instead of back toward you..
I think it may feel alright on you garage floor but I think you might find it to be harder to steer.
yeah but he's got the bars twisted down so they arc back over the post. I think it'll handle ok but if the goal was just to get the bars off your knees then a little more up and little less forward would be nice. You can always try different setups.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Moving the Bar Forward or Back... Isn't that the point of installing a Pivot Riser??
Otherwise they would just sell straight Riser Blocks.

I think it looks a little weird to some because there is no pad hiding everything.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yes its to set forward and back but also to raise them up and then adjust forward or back to set it the way you like it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by PolarisEdge
[br]Man that's one of the weirdest bar setups I've seen... I'd like to hear some on snow reviews on how hard that sled is to steer....
Well.. I had to wait a month to try it out [:D]

It works just Fine, thank you very much. The steering is not heavy at all. I have the limiter strap pulled up tight one hole from stock and this ride steers great.
The area I rode in was 4-6" of fresh snow with a good 6" hardpack.
The sled was biting into the soft snow quite nice.
I feel that with the bar further forward it was more comfortable and that the steering effort is LESS becuase my arms are a little straighter. You get to put some of your shoulder into your arm movements..make it sooo easy to flick the steering left/right.

For me anyway :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts