Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

First off this is an excellent site and thanks to those individuals who made it possible [:D].

Now about carbs..I am tired of paying dealers $45 a carb for cleaning so I did myself this year and have had no problems and it was less than 1.5 hours for both. I think the whole dealer cleaning thing is a scam anyway.. My question is synchronizing. I just leave the carbs in the exact same position when I put them back on.. I even mark the cables. My dealer, where I bought one of my Polaris sleds new, warned me that if I don't sync them right I will ruin a crank, chew belts etc.. etc... Since my sled has some years on it now I just do it myself. Does anyone out there know a quick and easy way to "sync" carbs??? I want to be certain I am ok..

Finally, does everyone drain gas and fog motors or just run stabilizer.. I have been running stabilizer for years but found some junk in the carbs last fall.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
A sledfool

·
Registered
199 Posts
as far as synching carbs use mercury stix,u can get them from aftermarket.fogging i have never done but if u can get hold of the oil injector cable open it up all the way until it starts puking alot of smoke and your engine will be well lubed when u put it away. i just start mine every month and let it run a little.this keeps the bearings and cylinders coated.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
What exactly does syncing the carbs mean? I plan on cleaning mine this summer for something to do ,and that seems to be the only discouraging part

·
Registered
957 Posts
I hope you're not hanging it up for the season allready!!!......It's only February!!!! But on the fogging and storage... I use gas stabilizer in the last tank of gas I run for the season, and I store it with a full tank of stabilized gas. I then fog it, drain the carbs, and never start it till about a week before the first decent snow in the fall.

Aspin... Syncing the carbs is makeing them so they both open the exact same amount at the exact same time..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts