Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Got a quick question for you. I tried the search function for this topic but couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for. I am at work and don't have time to go through all the returned topics in the search.

Anyways, what methods/materials do you guys use to clean the surfaces of your primary/secondary clutches. I just want to get the belt residue and what not off and get them good and clean for the new season.

I saw a few threads about using the air-gun to get the belt dust off of the clutch assembly and I will do that. Now I am curious how to clean the inner surfaces of the clutches.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I use scotchbrite and a cleaning motion from the center to the edge.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I wash mine with hot soapy water and a few rinses with very hot water. Then scrobby pad (green) then wipe with wet clean rag.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Fine sandpaper for the sheeves if that is what you are looking at doing. While the engine is running though, and be careful of those fingers. PowerMadd belt/clutch cleaner works too for inside the clutch itself. Or even Electra Clean, blue spray can, it works, wish I had some yet.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have read in snowgoer and from others that using scotch brite pads work well, which they do. the latest snowgoer says not to use scotch brite pads becasue it is too fine and will polish the clutch. They recommend emory cloth around 100 grit.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I second that emotion using the Lectra-Clean, takes off anything like oil ect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts